Ok time to have a little fun. Saw this posted in my feed, decided to tackle it. Read on and laugh along. Feedback appreciated.
1. What is your favourite book?
The Crow by James O’Barr. It’s a graphic novel but it unabashedly shows many truths we simply take for granted, and how precious life is.
2. What are your goals? For the year? For your life?
My first goal is to start swimming on a regular basis and strengthen my body. Three spinal surgeries in 4 years is kinda rough. My life goals are to get back to college and earn my degree in civil engineering and my P.E. (Professional Engineer license), and be financially secure so my wife and kids never have to worry.
3. Are you a writer? If so, tell me about your work.
I like to write and go through phases. I do write technical articles and jobsite reports for my company’s monthly newsletter.
4. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Always wanted to visit New Zealand.
5. What was the last movie you saw in the theatre and was it worthwhile?
Ill be honest I don’t remember.
6. I’m curious, are there any books that you’ve tried to read and simply couldn’t finish? This is a no judgement zone.
Some “bestselling thriller” I picked up in the airport once. Got about 1/3 of the way through it and ended up leaving it on the plane for some unsuspecting person to pick up and try to read.
7. Are you currently working on a new book/project right now? If it’s secret, you don’t have to tell me about it. If so, however, I hope it’s going well.
Not at the moment. I really want to get back to writing music.
8. If you could live in any of your favourite books, which one would you choose?
The Tom Clancy “Jack Ryan Series” (think Hunt for Red October, Clear and Present Danger, etc..)
9. Are there any book-to-movie adaptations that you think are just incredible? That you absolutely hated?
Lord of the Rings. Peter Jackson did a phenomenal job. The Sum of All Fears was a big disappointment….had very little to do with the book, which I thought was way more exciting.
10. What do you look for in a book that you want to read? What’s the first thing to capture your attention?
The inset plot teaser. Needs human focus without getting lost on miniscule details like Charles Dickens.
11. If you’re an author, what do you do when you first get an idea for a book?
My morning coffee is my inspiration. Sometimes a long drive.
12. How do you feel about different genres? Romance? YA? Sci-Fi? Poetry? Do you have any favorites? Any least-favourites?
Romance never did it for me. Some young adult novels are written really well, others sound like a mishmash of high school gossip with zero direction and a massive “cheese factor”. I definitely enjoy sci-fi, and also historical fiction.
13. If you could meet any writer in the world, dead or alive, who would it be?
Tom Clancy, Timothy Zahn, James O’Barr, and Ernest Hemmingway.
14. Do you prefer Fiction or Non-Fiction?
I like both.
15. Are there any characters that everyone loves that you can’t stand? Or vice versa?
Any character(s) that people take too seriously. Twilight, 50 Shades, etc.
16. What do you like to do besides reading/writing?
Work on cars, spend time with the kids, work on skis and snowboards at the shop, cooking, public speaking / presentations, target shooting, hunting, shooting pool.
17. If you could be remembered for one thing, what would it be?
My love for my family.
18. What is your favourite guilty pleasure book?
Star Wars: Dark Empire
19. Do you have a reading goal set for this year?
Nope. Just to keep reading.
20. Tell me anything about yourself that I haven’t asked. Random fact. Weird human trick. Whatever.
I can roll my stomach like ocean waves.